top of page

VA Adapted Housing

Veterans or Service members, with a permanent and total service-connected disability, who have experienced one or more of the following conditions.

  • Loss of or loss of use of both arms and/or both legs

  • Blindness in both eyes or only light perception

  • Certain severe burns

  • Certain severe respiratory injuries.

For additional eligibility information, contact

The Specially Adapted Housing Program offers grants to certain Service members and Veterans with severe service-connected disabilities to assist them in creating a barrier free environment.

We have a VA-assigned builder ID, which means we are experienced with the SAH paperwork and building requirements. 

What renovations qualify?

Renovations are included but not limited to: ​

  • Bathrooms, kitchens, and bedrooms

  • Covered porches, ramps, and walkways

  • Garages, carports, and passageways

  • Doors, windows, and flooring materials

  • Security items

  • Concrete or asphalt walkways

  • Sliding doors, handrails, and grab bars

Visit or call 1-800-827-1000 to learn more

Who is eligible?
How do I apply?

Visit and fill out VA Form 26-4555 or call 1-800-827-1000 to have the form mailed to you!

bottom of page